Jeff Morris

Default Expensive Dockage in Florida Keys

There are lots of places where the dockage is less - perhaps a dollar a foot or
even less. However, you won't find that in any of the more crowded areas in the
Northeast or Southern Florida. And you certainly won't find it at a luxury
resort (Hawk's Cay) or the very center of a popular destination (the Galleon in
Key West).

"A-MAze" wrote in message
Current fees
range from well over $2/ft at most marinas to over $3/ft in Key West
(Gallion Marina). Boat U.S. membership helped only at one, Hawks Cay
on Duck Key. One good news item -- no separate charge for electric or
water at any marina I docked.

Wow! Quite inflated prices. Marinas in Western Europe usually cost
between USD25-40 (20 euros to 25 UKPounds) for a 36 footer. I always
thought services came cheaper in the US.
An eye-opener indeed. Good to know when I get across.
Victor