X ` Man X ` Man is offline

Default Storm Report

On 8/27/11 5:54 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 8/27/11 5:49 PM, wf3h wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 17:31:02 -0400, X `
wrote:

So far, very heavy and steady rain, wind gusting to over 20 knots, big
trees swaying in circles...in southern Maryland. Chesapeake Beach, a
little town not far from here, will be under water soon, with flooded
streets and homes.

We're still three to four hours from the peak, I think. I'm sure we're
lose outside supplied electricity.

just started to rain heavy here 30m n of philly. checked the buoys and
they're starting to show some action

NY ambrose buoy at the mouth of NY harbor

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44065

atlantic city

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=jcrn4

Thanks...we've got close to 40 knot winds being reported by the buoy
stations at mid bay and at annapolis and the strong part of the storm is
several hours away.

43 knots at the Cove Point station, pretty close to here.

--
I'd much rather be a champion of the powerless than a lickspittle of the
powerful.