Bob La Londe

Default West Marine advert

Let me tell you a story about the spring break from hell.

My dad loaned me his Bronco and his 22' Bayliner for a week on Lake Havasu.
He also handed me his keys to the house boat he keeps slipped at Havasu
Springs. He just asked me to change the fuel filter on the Bronco, and make
sure everything had full tanks when I was done.

No big deal. I swapped the fuel filter on my second day at the lake.
Somehow I didn't get everything tightened up when I was done, and I wound up
with a fuel fire under the hood. There was a small discoloration spot on
the hood, but the real damage was underneath. Sounds like a truck story so
far huh? Trust me I'll get to the boat part soon.

There we were at Havasu Springs with no overland transportation and needing
all kinds of parts to fix the truck. New hoses, new carb gaskets, new
filter, new distributor upper and lower cap, a book on how it all went
together, and a few tools.

My choices were to walk to Parker for parts. That was about 15 or 20 miles
or take the Bayliner up lake to Lake Havasu City. In the end I wound up
doing both. Initially however I decided it made sense to take the boat up
to Lake Havasu City and then just walk the mile or so up the hill to the
parts store. (UP the hill.) Everything in Lake Havasu City is up the side
of a hill from the lake. After the foruth trip uplake and then uphill for
parts I sure wish I had a bike of any kind. Of course if I'ld had a mini
bike I probably would have ridden it down to Parker for parts in the first
place.

Hmmmmm...... and I have been looking for an excuse to buy one of those
little eight hundred dollar moped things too...

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

"Q" wrote in message
To all:

Just read the WM flyer and saw bikes were on sale. At first I
wondered why they were selling bikes (no coffee yet this morning!)?
How may folks here carry a bike onboard? Just the 'mini' type or ones
for longer trips?