[email protected] CB@PrayForMe.com is offline

Default How do I dissolve corrosion between the upper and lower unit on an outboard engine?

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 20:21:33 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:43:22 -0400, "
wrote:

Which end seems to be stuck, the front or the back?

The front

This is the scary part. If this is still just corrosion on the front
locating pin it won't cause any damage when it finally pulls free but
if this is the shaft coupler for the shifter, it could pull the shaft
out of the foot. There is only a single jesus clip holding it in. If
that happens, there is a very good chance the cam will fly out and you
are going into the foot to fix it. I would believe if that was what
was hanging you up there should be a little free play.
I assume by now you have all of the white powder out of the bolt
holes. One of those heavy duty dental picks they sell at harbor fright
can help there. WD 40 seems to soften it up.

Thanks, BB Friday, I'm off to DC