Rosalie B.

Default Paint suggestion needed for cabin interior

"MMC" wrote:

I've used plain old oil based house paint on boat interiors for years. Don't
feel I need the UV protection inside the boat that make boat paints so
popular.

Oil base paint is tough, durable and washable. As well as a lot easier to
use than a lot of the boat paints.

I also don't believe everything I take on my boat has to be carried aboard
in a "West Marine" bag, alot of the stuff I use comes aboard in a "Wal-Mart"
bag.

Ditto - we just use ordinary house paint from the hardware store. The
more important thing is to prepare the surface properly - to get it
free of grease and sand it lightly to give the paint something to
attach to - otherwise it may peel off.

You can put mildewcide in the paint if you want. We haven't when
painting vertical surfaces. We mostly get mildew on the overhead.
You can wipe the surface that's mildewed down with bleach, or use that
orange cleaner, or vinegar which will kill it also if you don't object
to the smell.

"MLapla4120" wrote in message
Hi,
In an effort to do less varnishing and to achieve a more traditional look,

I'm
going to paint sections of my interior with off white paint. The trim

which is
teak and other hardwood will remain varnished. I'm looking for a good
paint. If anyone else has done this let me know the paint you used.

Thanks

grandma Rosalie