MMC

Default Can I use Solid wire for rewiring sailboat if not WHY?

I've recently wondered about the expense of tinned wire when all my wiring
problems come from the terminals and connections on my 30 year old boat with
original wiring.
I know tinned is the latest and greatest, but not too many years back the
latest and greatest was lamp cord. I'm sure there is a new latest and
greatest just around the corner........
MMC
"Tom Shilson" wrote in message
Ytter wrote:

I've heard different opinions what kind of wire is better for wiring
boats.Could you give me some of your expertise?
Thank You,
Ytter

Use tinned, stranded wire. The stranded wire is more flexible and less
likely to break. The tinning prevents salt water/air from seeping under
the insulation and corroding the wire.

Tom
of the Swee****er Sea