Dan Best

Default Can I use Solid wire for rewiring sailboat if not WHY?

The normal rolling, rocking and especially pounding that boats do can be
enough to impart some motion on any unsupported wires. It doesn't have
to be much, just repeated enough times so that the point where the wire
is flexing work hardens. There really is a reason people use the more
expensive stranded & tinned wire on boats.

Ytter wrote:
WHAT KIND OF VIBRATIONS YOU HAVE ON THE SAILBOAT EXCEPT ENGINE AREA ?
"JAXAshby" wrote in message

I've heard different opinions what kind of wire is better for wiring
boats.Could you give me some of your expertise?
Thank You,
Ytter

solid wire work hardens and breaks under vibration. Anyone who suggested

you

use solid wire is not someone you want to listen to again.

--
Dan Best - (707) 431-1662, Healdsburg, CA 95448
B-2/75 1977-1979