iBoat_Often iBoat_Often is offline

Default Boating adventure

In article 60bf4fdc-ecec-41aa-b959-
,
says...

Our handyman said he had never been to McNab's Island..... in the
outer harbour, so we took the Yukon out on Sunday. Started at the
crowded Dingle ramp, motored south out of the NorthWest Arm and then
east..changing to north east across the harbour. After rounding the
northern tip of McNab's, we ran into a fresh southerly breeze and the
swells started to build up a bit... enough to make us slow down to
avoid the thumping light aluminum boats tend to do.
Just then a family in a 1947 old wooden speedboat equiped with a new
50 hp E-Tec passed us to port.
I noticed the seas were calmed in his wake so I steered into it and
cranked the Yukon up on plane again.
I started gaining on the old speedboat right away. but he turned into
the channel between Lawler & McNab's while we continued to the very
narrow shallow channel between the mainland (Eastern Passage) and
Lawlers.
Eventually we rounded the southern tip of Lawler and turned into the
open sea area... quite a difference there with two foot seas and a
stiff breeze on our nose. I was glad when we could turn into Drake's
Gut and carefully navigate the extremely shallow channel with my
trusty Garmin mapping GPS. Most of it is so shallow, A freaky/looney
could wade across with their nose above water.
We then pulled the boat up on the sandy beach at McNab's Wreck Cove,
and followed an old gravel road up to Fort McNab..with it's million
dollar view of the outer harbour.
Returned to find the Yukon trying to float away due to a rising tide.
(good thing I set the mushroom anchor out on the beach) the battery
had died (getting old) so one pull on the cord brought the engine to
life and we motored north again to round the Ives Point section of
Mcnabs, and the pointed south to visit Maughers Beach... with it's
usuable 'Garrison Pier'. Skys were threatening rain so I handed the
tiller over to our handiman and he took us back over to the NorthWest
Arm... passing our launch site to continue up as far as the Armdale
Yacht Club... enjoying all the nice houses on shore front properties
and then returned.
All in all it was a nice boating day.

You should have posted this over at Harry's google group.