Rich Stern

Default EFI v.s. NON-EFI OUTBOARD ENGINES

Based on my experience w/ carb and EFI engines, the EFI will get basically
double the fuel mileage given your not running it wide open all the time.

For example - My Baker w/ a 2.5 carb 240 hp engine would get about 2 mpg on
any given day of riding and playing. My Mirage w/ a 2.5 efi 280 hp engine
would get about 4 mpg on any given day of riding and playing. And it was 4
mph faster.

Seen similar results on pontoons I have had.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

OK, that answers the question: Differents hulls. Different weight. Different
balance. Different prop. Not a reliable benchmark, IMHO.

-- Rich Stern
www.nitroowners.com - The Nitro and Tracker Owners Web Site
www.mypontoon.com - The Pontoon Boat Web Site
www.fishingreportdatabase.com - The Fishing Report Database