MMC

Default Paint suggestion needed for cabin interior

Garland,
Our local Ace hardware sells small bottle of 25% TBT for house painting here
in FL.
And being here in FL, we have to try to keep the boats as dry as possible,
since the place is mostly swamp. It's essential to make sure the wood is dry
before painting. Any existing mildew can be killed with bleach.
MMC.
"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Marine vs. non-marine is a point well taken, and I enjoy finding

non-marine
substitutes myself. But with the small quantity used, it didn't seem a big
deal at the time.

But you've got me wondering; would oil base paint encourage mildew more

than
water base? I know you can add a mildewcide to paint, but because mildew

had
been a problem, I jumped on the Petit product.

"Rich Hampel" wrote in message
Ditto on the oil based paint.
If you can spray (no runs and sags and dribbles), good old Rustoleum
works well on interior surfaces. Otherwise, a properly thinned oil
based paint is long lasting and trouble free..... apply with the 'roll
and tip' method.

In article , MMC
wrote:

I've used plain old oil based house paint on boat interiors for years.

Don't
feel I need the UV protection inside the boat that make boat paints so
popular.

Oil base paint is tough, durable and washable. As well as a lot easier

use than a lot of the boat paints.

I also don't believe everything I take on my boat has to be carried

aboard
in a "West Marine" bag, alot of the stuff I use comes aboard in a

"Wal-Mart"
bag.

MMC

"MLapla4120" wrote in message
Hi,
In an effort to do less varnishing and to achieve a more traditional

look,
I'm
going to paint sections of my interior with off white paint. The

trim
which is
teak and other hardwood will remain varnished. I'm looking for a

good
paint. If anyone else has done this let me know the paint you used.

Thanks