Jim

Default Sampson Post/after looking at the picture

I'd through bolt a big cleat aft of the lead from the windlass. You
could build a Samson post, but why? A big cleat will work fine (and may
be stronger).

suji wrote:
MLapla4120 wrote:

To add more, the sampson posts are on
either side of the bowsprit aft with a through-bolt anchoring the
bowsprit.
The anchor chain and rode flows off the the roller off the bowsprit
about one
third of the way off the bow. The bitter end of the rode
is tied inside the chain locker. That is my
anchoring arrangement.

Thanks for all the help. I shall ask the current owner. I should also
like to know if the arrangement is standard (if any) on a Westsail 32
with no sampson post, and what fixtures are going to be man enough to
swing the boat from.