Steve

Default Trysail Track Installation

You might be able to do that on a small cruiser but I wouldn't want to
attempt to remove 450 sqft main with semi perm.(~15 ft) battens.(where would
I store it??) I also have a Dutchman sail flaking system. Just not
practical. It's a hastle to remove the main in port.

The storm trysail can still be sheeted to cleat on deck once the boom is
secured in the gallows or !!. Can't really lower the boom end with lazy
jacks or Dutchman system.

There is nothing wrong with setting the storm trysail above the main stack.
If you look at any sail plan that included a this sail, you will see that it
is designed to be high above the boom, just for this reason.

My experience and opinion, FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions