JAWs

Default Trysail Track Installation

I am adding a trysail track to my Catalina 38. The mast has an
internal track for the main, and I'm adding an external track for the
trysail.

I have noticed that most of the tracks I've looked at extend down
almost to the cabin top. Is there a reason to do so? Also, I've been
told that the track should be on the starboard side, but not why it
should be there. Finally, I'm trying to decide where the track should
go. I'm thinking that it should be as far aft as possible, but offset
enough to be clear of the internal groove.

I will appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Jim Williams
Checks in the Mail
Norfolk, VA