Lloyd Sumpter

Default Larson - Certified POS

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:14:45 +0000, Dale Darling wrote:

I ordered a new 2003 Larson LXi 210 w/260 hp Volvo 5.7L GL/SX in March 2003
and picked it up in May. I purchased one because a friend bought a 2001 LXi
212 and had no problems with it.

Within the first 9 weeks, my boat had spent 21 days at the dealer due to the
following issues:

There's a guy temporarily in the slip next to mine in a 2000 26-ft Cobalt.
Why? Port engine cracked a head. Boat was immaculately maintained, 3yrs
old, engine lunched. Still on "warranty", but he has to stay at the dock,
waxing the hull over and over, for almost a month now (best weather we've
had in years), while the "dealer" fixes the problem ("parts on back-order...")

Makes me like my $5K 20-yr-old boat better and better...

Lloyd Sumpter