Marc

Default Reaching struts on Hunters ?

Hunter put a B&R rig on the 1983 H27, and H31, the 1984 H34 and H40.
I owned A 1984 H31 with the B& R Rig.

A lot of people didn't think much of the Vision series. That was the
problem.

On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:42:08 -0400, DSK wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:
The problem is that you can't really change headstay tension while
underway when you need to adapt to changing wind conditions.

That's not how you adapt that rig anyway, it's not like a regular frac
rig where pulling the backstay is the first reef. With the full batten
big roach main, the first step to depower is to let it twist more, the
next step is to either take in the jib (which is small, these rigs don't
carry genoas) or reef.

The racing dinghy rigs had a wire to a set of reverse jumpers to bend
the upper mast. This depowered the rig nicely. Newer boats achieve the
same thing using a flexy composite top mast section.

Marc wrote:
Hunter has had B& R rigs since 1983.

Well, they didn't start putting them on production boats until a few
years later.

.... In my
opinion an absolutely horrendous rig, but then, I sail a Freedom

Everything has a place. I'd bet you didn't think much of Hunter's
"Vision" series either....

Fresh Breezes- Doug King