Ignoramus26572

Default Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing]

In article , mark Ransley wrote:
What do the instruction on the can say, you have not said what product
you are using, call the manufacturer. multiple coats of transparent
stain will not peal or flake or scratch as someone has said

They say they make that stuff themselves. And what I think they do is,
they take some oil, add some mineral spirits, add some stain, and mix
it together. Of course that stuff will not flake or peel -- it is a
liquid. But two coats may give me more protection.