Peggie Hall

Default Repair Groco Type K

Stephen Trapani wrote:

I ordered the Groco Type K refurbish kit as suggested ($110) and plan to
fix the toilet myself, but one quick question. The two guys here who
mentioned sending in their Type K's to have Groco do the refurbish made
me a little nervous. Groco said they include an exploded diagram and
instructions. Is there anything about this job I need special tools for
or that is way difficult? I'm pretty handy on everything from cuckoo
clocks to house foundations, not to mention spines (I'm a
chiropractor!). So... no big deal?

Unless the toilet needs parts that aren't in the kit, you should be able
to put it back into good working order yourself with the basic tools
anyone should own. Just pay close attention to how each part is oriented
on the drawing, and use 'em all.
--
Peggie