rhys

Default Seaworthiness of Mac26

On 18 May 2004 23:51:54 GMT, (Quest0029) wrote:

If this doesn't appeal to you, if you only seek the
pleasures of a completely protected bay, then maybe a mac is the right boat for
you.

and you're not a MAN who sails a manly
REAL sailboat in manly deep waters under
the threat of mansize weather conditions.

Personally, I let the wife helm. I prefer to tweak the sheets, and
she's quite a capable sailor by her own rights, esp. in 30 knots or
so. But your implied insult is noted and discounted. Fact is, whether
you are Caspar Milquetoast or possess six testicles, bad weather in an
inappropriate boat will drown you indiscriminantly. The kayak with
radar is safer than the brigantine without in a fog-bound shipping
lane...and not all boats, as with all sailors, are created anywhere
near equal. Manliness or its absence has zip to do with it.

R.