Doug Dotson

Default Is There a Naval Architecht in the House? [WAS: Copper Tubing in Propane System]

You yank it out when your surveyor says so and puts in
on the "Required" list.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Tom Shilson" wrote in message
Glenn Ashmore wrote:

A-1.9 FUEL LINES
snip
A-1.9.2.1 be corrosion resistant metallic tubing such
as annealed copper tubing, standard type, Grade K or L,
conforming to ASTM B88-75a, Specifications for
Seamless Copper Water Tube, with a wall thickness of not
less than 0.032 inches (0.815 mm).

snip

Well, I asked, but I got a bit more than I bargined for. :-)

I am surprised that copper tube is authorized, but I see that it is. It
must be protected against vibration, though. There are things that I
don't understand, like the short and long connectors. I don't have
copper tube, so it doesn't matter to me for now.

Back to the original point, since ABYC specifically allows copper, I
would not yank it out. Prudent seamanship would require that it be
checked for leaks regualarly. How regularly depends on conditions and
is left as an exercise for the student.

Tom
of the Swee****er Sea