Gould 0738

Default Were trailers full of hot air?

Hooda Guest wrote:

You are incredibly ignorant. You know nothing about this country if you
think that health care is being denied to anyone.

Hooda's right. When you kid is running a 103-degree fever and no doctor will
see you because you can't pay $150 cash for the call and don't have health
insurance, you do what the parental instinct dictates and get some help for the
kid where you can. That turns out to be the hospital emergency room most of the
time, as the desperate know that most hospitals won't turn you away.

Now the feverish kid costs $675 to examine and medicate, rather than $150.
Who picks up the $675? It gets passed along to everybody with the means to pay
for their own health care or with health insurance in the form of increased
fees from the hospital for all "paying" patients.

We're already paying for universal health care in the US. I think the only
remaining question is whether we are doing so in the most efficient manner.