Matt/Meribeth Pedersen

Default Protecting against sal****er

Not really a battery per se, but the wood does get eroded.

Especially if a wooden boat is overprotected, the more noble
fitting creates sodium hydroxide, which eats away the lignin in
the wood. This chemical process leaves only the spongy
cellulose fiber behind. You'll often see a white powdery substance
around the wood. Don't eat it or snort it

Lots of woodenboat owners don't bond their through hulls together
and certainly don't put a lot of zincs on the boat.

Matt

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
zincs will help protect submerged wood on a boat. It is
subject to some galvanic corrosion also.

really? wood becomes the anode or the cathode? I guess I have never seen

battery with wooden plates before.