JAXAshby

Default Copper Tubing in Propane System

Ahhhhhh... the most recent panic. Has anyone ever seen this happen? EVER? I
think I'll stick with what's been working on boats for years.

I did have a copper tube spring leak on my propane system. Even though the
tube was twenty years old, even though the leak was at a point from the
installer had put a sharp bend in the line, even though there had to be some
vibration in the line, even though just twenty pounds of propane had been run
through the line in the previous ten years, I am absolutely positively
unequivically sure the leak came about because some railroad car somewhere back
in 1985 had trace amounts of amonia in it.

So, I changed the tube. I really, really need my propane stove as backup in
case my Atomic 4 doesn't blow up first.