Keith

Default Copper Tubing in Propane System

Ahhhhhh... the most recent panic. Has anyone ever seen this happen? EVER? I
think I'll stick with what's been working on boats for years.

--

Keith
__
"jmax" wrote in message
I have spent many years teaching fire department and emergency responders

in
hazardous material responses. One very scary fact that I learned in the
Haz-Mat response area is that the railroads utilize the same rail tank car
to hall both Propane and Ammonia. As a result it is possible to get a
propane cylinder filled with ammonia contaminated gas. The impact of this
contamination is that ammonia very rapidly dissolves copper. The copper
Propane lines can leak explosive gas with even one contaminated propane
cylinder fill. Removal of all copper tube and fittings is recommended to
prevent this possibility of a explosive propane gas leak.