Florida Jim Florida Jim is offline

Default Fire at DC marina

On 7/19/2011 8:53 AM, Harryk wrote:
On 7/18/11 11:17 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:50:30 -0600,
wrote:

On 18/07/2011 3:18 PM, Florida Jim wrote:
On 7/18/2011 5:17 PM, Florida Jim wrote:
On 7/18/2011 5:04 PM, Harryk wrote:
On 7/18/11 4:55 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 18/07/2011 1:39 PM, Harryk wrote:
On 7/18/11 3:22 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 18/07/2011 1:02 PM, Harryk wrote:

A fire this morning at the Washington Yacht Club destroyed four
cabin
boats and part of a dock.

Is this a can't sell it, so burn it?

Is that a service you provide? Boat arsonist?

Usual slander from a fleabagger. Good part is I am not paying your
social assistance.

A. "Slander" an anonymous screen name? Hey, all I did was ask
whether
that was a service you provided.

B. You can barely provide your own social assistance. I doubt
there's
a member of my family who earns or earned less than you did before
you were fired from your succession of low-level jobs.

Here's the demographics for your school. With your mouth, I bet you
got the crap beat out of you daily.
Sorry, I forgot the link.
http://www.nhps.net/nhpsdemographics

Lots of pedophiles in the area too. But the link escapes me.

Friends of yours?

New Haven, unfortunately, underwent the same sort of "white flight" in
the late 1960's and the 1970's as many other urban-suburban areas, and
the demographics changed dramatically. A high-school buddy who lives
in Guilford tells me there's been some significant redevelopment
downtown and some "gentrification." Indeed, I've read about the
redevelopment, and it looks pretty good. Still, there are large
pockets of poverty in my home town, and lots of poverty-induced crime.

When I went to Hillhouse, it literally was on the border of where some
of the wealthiest residents of the city lived and where some of the
poorest lived. It was a "new" high school then. The original Hillhouse
was on the edge of downtown, adjacent to the Yale campus. Through some
sort of deal, the land on which the old high school sat was sold to
Yale, which demolished the school and put up Stiles and Morse
colleges, two residential facilities. The city built a new high school
and gave it the name of the old one.

New Haven is a small city. There were only two traditional public high
schools, Hillhouse and Wilbur Cross, and a trades high school, Eli
Whitney. There were also about a half-dozen private and parochial high
schools in the city.

When I visit my buddies in Connecticut in a couple of months, I'll
reserve a day or two for New Haven sightseeing.

Too much information. But you did get the snot beat out of you on a
daily basis, right? I'll bet even whitey beat up on you.