Default Can't even handle Lake Michigan waves in a 35-footer, WTF????

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:34:53 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76H3QG20110718

Almost as bad as losing a boat in a Gulf of Mexico cold front . . .

Wilbur Hubbard

You mock dead sailors?

You are worthless.

I've been saying for years that sailing is a dangerous business and those
who sail should not take it lightly.

Yet, all too man continue to take it lightly. Few who die sailing are
sailors, anyway. Those who survive are the sailors, IMO.

It is my learned opinion that anybody who capsizes a ballasted 35-foot
sailboat on Lake Michigan has taken it lightly. They apparently thought
racing which is a frivolous activity at best, was more important than
cautious safety and concern for life and limb. They died because of their
failure to take it seriously.

Although I feel it is their right to not take it seriously, it is NOT their
right to expect anybody to take THEM seriously. That they died because of
their taking it lightly does not concern me and it should not concern you
other than as a lesson teaching the fact that if you don't pay attention you
will end up paying the piper.

Seems to me this proves what I've been saying along. Sailing is a serious
business and people ignore that fact at the peril of their very lives.

Wilbur Hubbard