jchaplain

Default Protecting against sal****er

On 14 May 2004 13:46:19 -0700, (Puerto Mio)
wrote:

I just bought a Sea Ray 215 and I'm somewhat new to the sal****er.
Other than not putting it in the salty water, what is the best way to
protect my boat after I take it out? Are there compounds that I
should use when washing? I sometimes see people spraying their boats
down with something coming out of a weed-sprayer type contraption.
Any idea what that might be?

Also, is regular Turtle Wax fine to use on the boat?

Thanks.

Turtle Wax or any kind of good wax is fine to put on your boat.
The best protection for your boat in salt water it to make sure you
have zincs.
There are solutions that you can buy that help dissolve the salt, but
I just wash my boat with some soapy water. Make sure you go over all
your harware ( railings, etc.) with wax at least several times a
season to keep the rust down. Even stainless gets a little rust
buildup on it that turns to pitting if you don't catch it soon enough.
If you trailer, be sure to flush your motor after each outing in salt
water.
John C.