posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Harryk Harryk is offline

Default Approaching a milestone, albeit a small one.

On 6/28/11 9:51 AM, Harryk wrote:
We've got more than a dozen posters and are approaching 100 posts on
http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

Almost every post is "on topic" in that it relates to recreational
boating and fishing. "Off topic" posts are ok, but I'd like to keep
those to a minimum. I won't claim all the posts are "exciting," but
the atmosphere is pleasant.

Posters are exercising the proper amount of self-discipline. There are
no insults being posted, and I haven't had to "censor" or remove a
single post for violation of the "no insulting" rule.

My guess is that we now have more active boaters and persons interested
in recreational boating in our little group than "remain" in rec.boats
or rec.boats.cruising. Growth is slow, but I'm not doing much in the way
of recruiting.

If you are interested, drop me an email at

PS - I have also set up a Facebook Account so we can share personal info
about our life outside of boating. It is always nice to see who your
friends are and where you live.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing