John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default 3.0 wont idle but runs great

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:07:38 -0500, Boating All Out wrote:

In article ,
says...

OK let me start over, It is the Chevy 3.0 litre engine.(4 stroke) alpha gen
II outdrive. a 2005 to be exact.
Symptoms: Will run great all day, when it gets to a half tank or at the end
of the day, it will start and run fine, but when it idles for longer than 10
minutes, it will die. Then after it dies, it is VERY hard to start and will
only stay running at over 2k rpm. go back to it in a day or so, it runs fine

Runs great all day. So it's not a heat/electrics problem.
Half tank it gives problems.
That means a bad fuel pump or bad tank venting.
Check fuel pressure at full tank and at half tank.
Simple.

Bad tank venting. I hadn't seen that yet, but it sounds like it could be the problem. Create a
vacuum and you've got a problem.

Good 'eyes'.