rhys

Default Sailing Cuba

On Tue, 11 May 2004 14:15:11 GMT, Dick Locke
wrote:

The Secretary is authorized to inspect any vessel, foreign or
domestic, in the territorial waters of the United States, at any time;
to place guards on any such vessel; and with my consent expressly
hereby granted to take full possession and control of any such vessel
and remove the officers and crew and all other persons not
speciffically authroized to go or remain on board the vessel when
necessary to secure the rights and obligations of the United States."

"Susceptible" indeed. What boat that can sail 90 miles isn't?

A lawyer could probably tell us whether "take full possesion and
control" means the same as confiscating and terminating ownership
rights.

So if I as a Canadian wish to sail to Cuba, which is really no foreign
country's concern, I guess I'm going via the Azores, because I'll be
damned if I'll enter the waters of the Fatherland if it can steal my
boat because I might visit a country some bagmen in Miami don't like.

Keep your laws off my boat, Bush. No wonder a lot of American sailors
argue the merits of sailing armed...it's to dissuade the Feds.

R.