I_am_Tosk I_am_Tosk is offline

Default 3.0 wont idle but runs great

In article ,
says...

i have all the parts, sprayed the carb cleaner at the carb base. no changes

wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:52:21 -0700, JR North
wrote:

Carb base insulator possibly missing?
JR

Yup or maybe a vacuum leak, bad base gasket or a leak somewhere else.

Try dribbling gas down the carb throat with a small squeeze bottle and
see if it idles (fast).

You can listen for a vacuum leak with a piece of small hose. Hold one
end up to your ear and probe with the other. It helps to stick a ball
point pen barrel or other small tube on the probe end so you can
control it better..

--- Posted via
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to ---

I don't know if you have a four stroke or a two, but if it only happens
when it's hot, how about (4 stroke) if you have a valve that's
stretching and bottoms out on the bucket when it's hot?

They tighten up when they get hot... on a four stroke..

If it's a two stroke, Do a compression test or a leak down test, then
check the reeds??? Do two stroke boat engines have reed valves, I
suppose they must...

Just thinking out loud, something is happening when it gets hot, I am
thinking you are loosing compression when it's hot or some kind of mild
blow by that doesn't effect the engine at higher rpm based on the ratio
of leak, to mixture delivered to the cylinder...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!