Steve[_11_] Steve[_11_] is offline

Default 3.0 wont idle but runs great

ALL the jets are clear. I soaked the carb in carb cleaner an then sprayed
out all the jets with the carb cleaner in the can. I dont think its vapor
lock, I can see gas squirt out the accel pump jets.
Keep throwing guesses. cuz I have no clue.
Is it possible that the flapper valve is bouncing around in the exhuast tube
?

Thank you sofar
Steve
wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 05:02:13 -0500, "Steve"
wrote:

Hey all, I have a 2005 3.0l mercruiser sterndrive that is acting wierd. It
will run all day long, runs great, but at the end of the day, it refuses
idle, it just dies on me. Start it back up and it will run full throttle
just fine, but try to idle and it dies. If I let it sit for a day or two,
it
goes back to running normal.
So far I have rebuilt the carb, rebuilt the fuel pump, cleaned the fuel
filter. checked for water in the gas, put another ingnition module in,
replaced the coil. Im out of things to do.
What am I missing?
Thanks
Steve

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
---

Are you sure you got the idle jet passages cleaned out?