Peggie Hall

Default Manual marine head

wrote:
Peggie, am I remembering correctly that a Type I MSD has to be mounted
lower than the head?

No. It only has to sit at OR below the level of the toilet discharge and
be within 6' of the toilet...and a vented loop inline between the toilet
and the device will even allow it to be a little higher. The best pace
on a lot of boats--especially sailboats--is under the vanity in the head.

In that case, I can never use one 'cause
understandably the head is about as low as you can get on the boat.

If that were the case, there wouldn't be much of a market for 'em...'cuz
the heads on most boats are about as low in the boat as you can get.

Btw...this is covered in the installation instructions, which you can
read if you go to the link I gave you.
--
Peggie