Peggie Hall

Default Manual marine head

Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam wrote:
Simpler is better, at least for me. I have ordered a seat that
will sit on top of a five gallon bucket. You line it with a
plastic garbage bag. Use it, tie the bag shut, and store it
until you find a trash can.

Your guests should just love that! And how do plan to dispose of the
bucket contents? It's illegal to dump 'em overboard within 3 miles of
the nearest point on the whole US coastline....nor can you put the bags
in a trash can or dumpster legally either.

No leaks...no funky odor.

Wanna bet?

Otoh, you'll have so little invested in it that replacing it with a
viable system won't be financially painful. If you want simple and
cheap, why not just go with a portpotty? Carrying it off the boat to
dump down a toilet legally would be no more effort than carrying bags of
toilet waste off the boat to put a dumpster illegally....but would be a
LOT more pleasant to use.

--
Peggie