Armond Perretta

Default Heavy displacement vs Medium Displacement for Ocean Passages

Rosalie B. wrote:

But I can answer about the bow sprits ...

Now on a mooring, I don't think they do count. If you have a 37
foot boat with a 5 ft bow sprit and the length limit for the
moorings is 40 feet, I think the bow sprit would not count.

Our experience may differ, but I've never encountered rental moorings priced
by length. I have certainly encountered moorings that are designed for
particular lengths or displacements or drafts, etc., but they were all
rented at the same dollars/day, Martha's Vineyard and Northeast Harbor ME
are typical examples.

Where have you paid different prices for putting different length vessels on
a mooring?

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat