Tim Tim is offline

Default 2006 Sea Ray 200 Select

On Jun 30, 9:41*pm, wrote:
I recently boat the referenced boat from a private party. *The boat
was in mint condition with only 44 hours on it. *Test drove it and
seemed to work fine. *Now that I've driven it more i'm a little
concerned about some engine noise / minor vibrations. *It seems when
I'm on plain, the engine noise / vibration is normal if the trim is up
(even by one notch). *But if I trim the motor all the way down (while
on plain), the engine noise increases and so does the vibration. *The
vibration feels like it is coming from the engine area or towards the
back of the boat. *I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or if this is
normal. *I mentioned this concern to my wife and she didn't even
notice. *If anyone has any thoughts I would appreciate it. * thanks.

There's also the possibility that the previous owners may have hit
something with the prop and could have bent a prop shaft or something
like that. Not saying they did, but I had that experience with my boat
I demolished an aluminum prop and after replacing it there was a bit
of vibration in the lower end under the same conditions you
described. I had a salvage alpha 1 mercruiser drive I later installed
and that took care of it. I would however advise you to consult a
reputable and skilled mechanic / dealer about the situation. It maybe
nothing but if it worries you, I'd have someone look at it.