Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default Scanklia gets stuffed

On 30/06/2011 7:03 PM, jps wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 19:49:21 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:01:15 -0700, wrote:

Beautiful...

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia exercised a rarely used power
last fall to let Philip Morris USA and three other big tobacco
companies delay making multimillion-dollar payments for a program to
help people quit smoking.

the right has a myth that if the rich are powerful they'll take care
of everyone and no one needs any rights at all.

Benevolent dictators sometimes work but there's no such thing as a
benevolent ruling class.

Tend to agree with that. Because some group, be they lazy, corrupt or
whatever will have resentment towards the leader. It is impossible to
please all the people all the time.

If a leadr tries to please all the pople all the time, it results in
bankrupcy and collapse of the system. Hey, if Obama paid my mortgage,
gas, food etc. I might do like everyone else and sit on my ass. In
which case who would produce stuff?
--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.
------