Matt/Meribeth Pedersen

Default Offshore Sailing Advice

"santacruz" wrote in message
Scopolamine is a powerful drug - smaller people can't take the whole
patch and cut it into quarters - stick on the bit and cover it over
with adhesive tape. My daughter (105 lbs) has to do this or her pupils
dilate for 2 days. I use 1/2 patch (225 lbs) Our Dr. says the
patches are better on your chest or underarm. They make you very very
dry mouthed.

I've had some good and bad reactions to Scop. I didn't like the bad
reactions so have switched to Bonine. Regardless of the medication
you use, it's best to try it while on land so you can see if there are
any side effects. You don't want to learn about those for the
first time when you're at sea.

Matt