posted to rec.boats.building
I_am_Tosk I_am_Tosk is offline

Default rowboat -- lightest but easiest to build

In article , says...
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/lewisbo...orBoySkiff.htm

Looks like a great boat, but for rowing and very small engines, I might
take 4 inches away from the transom width just to give it a better
trailing edge for small (human) power. Trust me, even 6 inches if you
never plan on putting on an engine, it will row twice as well as the
plan you have here now which is wide and would be great if you were
running a two to three horse engine... Look at the boat this size I
built specifically for rowing;

http://smallboats.com/images/current...ter_05_400.jpg

Basically the same boat you are contemplating, just specifically with
the narrow transom for better rowing efficiency... This boat weighed 80
pounds and was made from 6mm occoume and mahogany trim/framing... The
chines were not "logged", I used a 3/4 inches fillet of epoxy and
filler, and covered the bottom and 4 inches up the sides with 4 oz tight
weave fiberglass to protect the bottom from rocks...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!