Bruce[_3_] Bruce[_3_] is offline

Default Are you the Skipper or is the Helmsman ?

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 16:28:34 -0400, Wayne B
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 15:45:05 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

So true. Why, just yesterday I was in a crossing situation with my 6-foot,
2HP motor dinghy having on her port bow a fifty-foot trawler. Did the
trawler do anything but stand on causing me to have to turn to port and pass
astern to avoid a collision? Negative.

Was the trawler restricted in ability to maneuver?

Did you sound the danger signal?

Did you attempt to contact them in advance on VHF channel 13 or 16?

Admiralty Court would probably find you both liable in the event of a
collision, if only because it is fooliish to challenge a much larger
vessel for the right of way.

Perhaps the trawler guy knew who he was :-?
Cheers,

Bruce