Stephen Trapani

Default Structural flexing? (was Last chance to save me....)

DSK wrote:

The surveyor... yes he *will* miss things. All surveyors do. I'd look
for major structural problems, major systems problems, and then
concentrate on the sea trial... check for leaks around the deck &
cockpit VERY carefully... sail the boat hard and look for structural
flexing...

Thanks for the advice. How do I look for that? Like sail with only the
mainsail to twisty the boat, and look where?

This boat hasn't been sailed for a while, I think. How do I make sure
the stays are close to right? Should I worry about that? It's
deckstepped with a compression post.

Stephen