posted to rec.boats.building

Default rowboat -- lightest but easiest to build

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"scp" wrote in message
What would be the lightest but easy to build row boat design for car
topping and fishing?

Stitch & glue garvey in 1/4" plywood w/ 1/2" seats. Hands down. Bateau
and Glen-L both have some small designs that would be suitable. For this
size I might favor some of the small Bateau designs. Make the hull. Put
seats in to make it rigid. Done. You could probably throw it together
doing a crappy job in a couple days or do a decent job in a week. Paint
it when you are done to keep the epoxy from degrading in the sunlight.

You mixed your styles though. A good boat for rowing is not necessarily
the best fishing platform. Small water fishing platform will be wider and
a flat or flatter bottom.

Something like this might make a fair compromise.
http://www.bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=FL12

I would probably favor something more like this myself.
http://www.bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=GV11&cat=9