Don W

Default Honda EU3000is - maybe NOT a good idea....

Yeah, but thats just it. Your Honda lawnmower runs about 1 hour per week right?
And thats if you mow every week all year long (doubtful).

So at the most, you run that mower 52 hours per year. In 12 years you _may_ have
run it 624 hours.

A genset that runs 10 hours per day will equal that in two months of use.

Now back to Larry's bitch about having to clean the combustion chamber. Most
gasoline engines require some kind of major maintenance (like an overhaul) at
around the 2000 hour mark. With diesels, you can sometimes get TBO's in the
5000 hour range. The problem with that genset is just that you are putting
a _lot_ of hours on it in a very short time.

Does Honda mention the time before overhaul (TBO) on that engine?

Also, although it won't help with your warranty if it is still in effect, you
can probably keep from developing significant carbon deposits by using a fuel
additive which dissolves carbon. There are a number of them on the market.
You'd probably only have to run the additive every 5th to 10th tank to be
effective.

YMMV,

Don W.

WaIIy wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:24:55 -0000, Larry W4CSC wrote:

Somethin' ain't right with ANY 1-cyl engine you have to disassemble and
clean every 500 hours!.....My dealer even agrees! If anyone at Honda Power
Equipment reads this message, please answer the question for all of us!

I'll sell you my Honda lawnmower to power your generator.

12 years old, never changed oil and always starts on the first pull.