Wayne B Wayne B is offline

Default Boating report, one... Check in now!

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:47:53 -0400, I_am_Tosk
wrote:

65 degrees and raining here today. Looks like it might clear later this
afternoon. Could be a good night of fishing on the River, wonder what's
running now. So folks what's the boating report in your area?

Rained very hard here last night in Western Long Island Sound, on into
the early morning. Lots of nearby lightning strikes but none that
impacted us. Water temperature is 65, air temp in mid sound is only
69 but warmer here in the harbor. Wind is ENE at less than 5 kts,
good day for a ride in the inflatble dink.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44040

Last night some old neighbors of ours invited us aboard their very
nicely equipped 34 foot racing sloop for an evening race. We hadn't
done that in a while and it was nice to be back in some competition.
We ended up in second place, less than a minute behind the lead boat.