posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce[_3_] Bruce[_3_] is offline

Default can you answer my question?

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 01:57:46 +0100, Yaasaay
wrote:

'Bruce[_3_ Wrote:
;873810']On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:47:00 +0100, Yaasaay
wrote:
-

'Tim W[_2_ Wrote: -
;873658']"Bruce"
wrote in message
...-

.... A
traditional canoe is covered with canvas to keep the water out.
-
No, no at traditional canoe is covered with seal skin.

Tim w-

what kind of canvas I need ?

can you show me pics of canvas or seal skin?

and -

Nope, to get seal skin, first you need to catch a seal; to get canvas
the same except you catch a candidate.-

what is the order of the process ?

for example first I put the fiberglass on the wooden board

then the canvas

finally by the filler mixing with epoxy

is it right

I wait your responses-

If you have built the canoe out of boards then you don't need
fiberglass, filler, canvas or seal skin. Just nails and oakum.

Cheers,

Bruce

yes I have built it with a board

do you mean the boat will float without what the guys mentioned it

and if I want to put a fiberglass and filler just to make it mush strong
and give it the shape

is won't if affect in the float ?

I wait you

The ability of a board to float depends on the specific gravity of the
floatation liquid, the density of the board and the weight of the load
(passenger).

Cheers,

Bruce