Frogwatch[_2_] Frogwatch[_2_] is offline

Default The fun is in the uncertainty

On Jun 14, 10:22*pm, North Star wrote:
On Jun 14, 10:13*pm, Frogwatch wrote:

When we take boating trips, if everything went according to plan,
there'd be nothing to talk about. *You could simply give your pre-trip
itinerary and that'd be it, no reason to travel at all. *People who
actually do stuff know that all the fun is in when things do not go
according to plan. *This is why I rarely discuss stuff that goes
right, why bother. *It is when unplanned things happen the fun
begins. *This is why I always post about crazy stuff that happens and
not about how everything went according to plan.
In thinking about this, I had a startling revelation, "Some people
hate uncertainty" and this realization boggled my mind like finding
people who love Nazis or similar. *I find myself considering, "People
really LIKE things to go exactly as they planned, NO WAY" but I s'pose
some people really are like that. *I guess there's nothing wrong with
that attitude but is alien to me.
So, just out of curiosity, which type are you? *Do you like stuff to
go as planned or is seriously off course good for you?

Operating a sailing vessel on the open ocean is serious business.
If you're looking for wild crazy unpredictible fun... go to Vegas.

Ahh, but there is a difference, gambling is uncontrollable uncertainty
whereas knowing seamanship allows one to partially control the
situation. Gambling does nothing for me at all, not interested.