Boating All Out Boating All Out is offline

Default Propane canister from hell

In article 702e71cd-8f1f-4c1d-b675-
,
says...

Good Gawd, don't be so anal y'all. I take the grill off the stern
rail because if there is any chop it could fall overboard. It was a
very still night but chop can happen in a few minutes.
Getting the canister below surface would not stop it from leaking near
my boat and propane could get aboard. Safety requires you get rid of
it ASAP. Sinking it even "just below the surface" would require
several pounds of weight and unless I want to sacrifice some wrenches,
I cannot think of anything that would sink it and as I just pointed
out, sinking it does not stop it from leaking. BTW, physics says
enough to sink it "just below the surface" is the same as "all the way
to the bottom" at least in shallow water.
Hazard to navigation? WHAT? In a few hours, it will be empty and you
think a small propane canister is a hazard to nav? Be serious.

Too bad you can't say all this with certitude.