Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default Buying a generator

On 13/06/2011 9:18 AM, Frogwatch wrote:
I need to buy a small generator so i can run one power tool at a time
to rebuild my cabin in Wyoming. This means I need less than 2000
watts.
The higher cost models include Honda at over $800, Yamaha at about the
same and Honeywell at about $650 .
The cheaper models are less than $200 but are made in China.
I expect to rarely use this generator and it would never be needed for
emergency purposes.
The Honeywell at $650 is almost reasonable. The cheap Chinese
ones........................?
So, should I follow my own advice and not buy chinese because when
chinese goods break it always costs more money than the diff in
purchase price? Or, should I buy Chinese and gamble that it will work
long enough to be useful.?

I would buy the one that I thought might last the longest. Where it
came from isn't really a big deal, as like HP printers, American name,
foreign guts. More American content in many Toyota compared to many GM...

Do what is best for YOU!!! That is what the unions and corrupt
management do.

As for Chinese, I have had both good and bad. Bought NA brand name weed
eater for $175, it broke, just to find out the engine was Chinese. So I
bought Korean for $50 on a clearance and it will not die.
--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.