Frogwatch[_2_] Frogwatch[_2_] is offline

Default Buying a generator

On Jun 13, 12:11*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
On Jun 13, 11:42*am, I_am_Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

In article 61739c51-20c6-4c1b-8231-f1745e9eaf9d@
22g2000prx.googlegroups.com, says...

I need to buy a small generator so i can run one power tool at a time
to rebuild my cabin in Wyoming. *This means I need less than 2000
watts.
The higher cost models include Honda at over $800, Yamaha at about the
same and Honeywell at about $650 .
The cheaper models are less than $200 but are made in China.
I expect to rarely use this generator and it would never be needed for
emergency purposes.
The Honeywell at $650 is almost reasonable. *The cheap Chinese
ones........................?
So, should I follow my own advice and not buy chinese because when
chinese goods break it always costs more money than the diff in
purchase price? *Or, should I buy Chinese and gamble that it will work
long enough to be useful.?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...No=22&blockNo=
97&blockType=G97

No good... These things are huge heavy, and huge loud. The one above is
a contractors generator and will probably not have a spark arrestor
either so it is dangerous around the woods and such.

Like I said, get the Honda, it's light, quiet, dependable...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

The 1000 watt Honda is $859 and the 2000 watt is $999 from Northern
Tool.

If I buy the Honda, it will have to be in the category of "Things my
wife does not know how much I spent".