posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
iBoat iBoat is offline

Default North Eastern Boating

In article a0c5efc9-3997-4c98-8214-92a8ae36c9b0
@m4g2000yqk.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 11, 12:56*am, I_am_Tosk
wrote:
In article 3b72a022-039f-4b04-b050-a9e80bbb4667
@n11g2000yqf.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 10, 11:18 am, I_am_Tosk
wrote:
In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...
In article 0dd8221a-8021-4784-819f-36b3b222c166@
17g2000prr.googlegroups.com, says...

Yeah Wayne, that tracker is pretty cool.. I was just looking at maps of
NYC a year or so back wondering if you could cut right through. I
thought I heard years ago (probably around 9/11, that the routes through
were closed.

Are there any locks or gates to go through as you enter LIS?

If I read you correctly, it's a straight shot from The Narrows opposite Sandy
Hook to City Island via New York Harbor and the East River. No locks or low
bridges or gates. Stay to the west of Roosevelt Avenue and choose your time to
ride the flood up the river through Hellgate. Hang a right at Flushing Bay and
take a slip at World's Fair Marina hard by the Citi Field baseball stadium and
the No. 7 subway line direct to Times Square. The marina monitors VHF 71.

The passage was limited but not closed long after 9/11. You had to leave
Roosevelt Island to the east through a low-span drawbridge.

Cool... It's been a lifelong dream to make a trip down the CT River and
down to the city. Unfortunately right now I only have a 16 foot work
skiff so it may be a while before I ever make that trip

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!- Hide quoted text -

Say what?
Thought you were using that Brockway Skiff as a lawn planter or
ornament.

Yeah sure Don, that's what you thought... snerk * What a simp...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!- Hide quoted text -

That's what you led us to believe a while back.
Were you lying then... or now?

And Don lies in the same post he ****ed up. Go back to Harry's group
with your lies and insults.