Brian Whatcott

Default Reusable rigging wire terminals besides Stalok, Norseman?

On 25 Apr 2004 03:31:14 -0700, (paul martin)
wrote:

Quick Attach is the newest and simplist.

http://bosunsupplies.com/QuickAttach.cfm

Also an article in Good Old Boat showing results of comparative tests
against Sta-Loc and Norseman

http://www.bosunsupplies.com/GoodOldBoatQuickAttach.CFM

I found this test interesting. I was surprized how well the swaged
cable performed. About as well as the best swageless.
And swages cost about 50 cents each.
These days, I take a chinese wire cutter ($15) and grind a swaging
profile in the jaws, so the extended cost at these prices is
one off $16 unit $16
ten off $25 unit $2.50
100 off $115 unit $1.15

I would very much like to know small quantity prices on all the
swageless terminals on the market - amny offers?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK
p.s. This hand swager is capable of applying excessive deformations -
easily, so a reasonable swaging jaw profile is required.